It’s my 31st birthday today! I’m spending the day with my hubby. He’s my favorite person 🙂 We’re exploring Austin, TX all weekend and are having the time of our lives!
A weekend getaway to a new place often heightens my senses to the world around me. The air, sights, and sounds all stand out a bit stronger because it’s new and different. That got me thinking – I hope I take enough time to appreciate the little things that I adore in life. I used to be better at that.
Throughout high school and college I’d escape for a few minutes (or hours) and add to a list of what I loved. Totally random things…like…how people tilt their head when they eat a taco, or a much needed outburst of laughter after something has gone horribly wrong and that poor moment needs some comedic relief. Before I knew it, my list had exceeded 1,400 things. The sad truth is that I have no idea where that book is now. But the idea of doing that, of writing down the little things that I love about life, well I think today’s a brilliant day to bring it back.
So, in honor of my 31st, here are 31 little random things that I love:
- Snuggling with my yellow lab, Stella.
- Stovetop popcorn.
- The entire experience of walking around an Anthropologie store.
- Slowly sipping red wine on a cold night.
- The 1st cup of coffee in the morning.
- Finishing a long run.
- Star gazing.
- Small town America.
- Getting positive results from using little pockets of time wisely.
- Country music.
- Cowgirl boots.
- An unforgettable culinary experience.
- Dark chocolate.
- Laughter from my favorite people.
- The distant smell of a campfire.
- Swivel chairs.
- HGTV & The Food Network.
- Needed hugs.
- A new dress.
- Stained glass windows.
- Coffee shops.
- Windows open, kinda weather.
- Getting asked to take strangers’ group photos.
- When a baby smiles or yawns.
- Hearing perfectly beautiful harmony sung a cappella.
- People who don’t complain, appreciate life, and embrace each day.
- Choosing happiness.
More than any of these, more than anything in the world in fact, I love and adore my family and friends over all. I’m a very lucky lady to have such joy surrounding me all the time. Not quite sure how I got so lucky, but I thank God everyday for y’all.
So…what’s on your list?!
Happy day, friends!