Stitch Fix has become quite the popular way to shop these days. If you’ve never heard of it…think Netflix (sans all the “instant watch” stuff) but for fashion. If you like a certain look, you get to focus your upcoming delivery on a specific look. Got a wedding coming up? Planning a girls night out soon? Need cute new work clothes? Well if you’re not a huge fan of shopping, LOVE getting packages in the mail, and like the thrill and mystery of “what’s gonna be in that delivery?!” then meet your new best friend: Stitch Fix.
Three of my best friends and I (shout out to my CUTLETS!!!) group text all the time, and one day Stitch Fix was brought up. A few of us signed up right away just to see what the fuss was all about. As soon as we each got our packages it was like the BEST way to shop with friends…but still be an introvert alone at home. PERFECT! Texted them my fashion show photos of each dress/outfit the delivery provided. They’d “yay” or “nay” the ones worth or not worth keeping. So fun, so easy…and any that I didn’t want to keep I’d just put in the return address bag and back to the little Stitch Fix factory it went! How easy.
Side note: I feel like I’m advertising. Totally not. Please know that I have no affiliation with Stitch Fix. This is purely my own little review, on my own little blog, with my own little thoughts + glass of wine talking 😉
It hasn’t always been a love-love relationship though. I’ve learned a few things over the past few months, and hope that they come in handy for you too:
- They send you nice things…so naturally…the prices reflects that. Booooooo. But the good thing is – the $20 you’re charged each shipment goes into the final items you keep. So, that kinda helps.
- You have 3-ish days to make a decision. Use those days wisely. I’ve been all “I think I could learn to like this. Yeah. Sure! I LOVE THIS!” then 24 hrs later I’m like “Kath. What are you doing. That’s expensive and you didn’t even love it right away.” I send it back and am happy as a clam that I didn’t waste precious money on something I wasn’t sure about.
- Get opinions from people who know you. I consult hubs – he knows how excited I am when the package arrives. Hehe. Consulting your girls over a text helps too to see what’s worth spending your $ on.
- FEEDBACK. Give. Feedback. Seriously. It helps! After a few packages I realized that sometimes they just need a few tries to read your notes and get to know your likes and dislikes better. Right before this package was received I got a nice little email from Stitch Fix asking if there’s anything I wanted to give a heads up to my stylist about. “…my stylist….HAH!…I’m so FANCY!” Well this time I actually did, and I LOVED this package. I spilled the beans about how much I’m in love with Fall, how I’d like a new blazer in my life + new skinny jeans to go w/ my cowboy boots + a few fun long sleeve t’s. Boy did she deliver! Check out her nice note that came with it:
- Update your profile. I hadn’t updated my profile since I started an account and I noticed that a few things were off, which probably was why some of my previous packages were too. I updated my pant size, my “love it, like it, hate it” section of different styles, and a few others. Pants were a little too big in a previous deliver, but this month? PERFECT! Just good ‘ol fashioned communication.
Now, without further adieu. Here’s what was in my delivery this month, paired w/ a few photos of me actually in them (thanks to my handsome hubs for the model-photography sesh)! What do y’all think!?!
Tadaaaaaa! So what do you think!? There’s one that I want to send back…but I’m not telling which one. The other 4 I really like. Sorry that I didn’t get a photo of just the skinny jeans. I’m wearing them in every photo (and right now actually!) and you can at least see them in the 1st two photos.
Let me know what your Stitch Fix experience has been like. Did my 5 tips help at all? Hope so. What do you think about this month’s delivery? Which ones would you keep? Can you guess the one I’m sending back? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
If you’re ready to start the Stitch Fix obsession too, here’s my referral code! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4997431
Happy fashion fix’in, friends!