For those of you who follow this blog from time to time, I’m a day late on this special list! Sorry ’bout that. I was just having too much fun on my birthday yesterday. I ate chocolate cake for breakfast. I snuggled with my family. I laughed a ton. I met The Pioneer Woman’s daughter, Paige. I met sweet strangers from all over Oklahoma who also came to visit “The Mercantile” in Pawhuska. I bought myself a pair of earrings, far too much coffee, and a t-shirt. I sipped wine and laughed at dinner with my sweet hubby, my favorite person, while devouring sushi at Akira Sushi here in Owasso. I was also left SO grateful from the love and well wishes that poured out from my sweet friends and family all day.
It was a perfect birthday. My heart is so full.
Now, in full “Kath fashion”, I’m sharing a list of the beautiful and random things I adore. The rules are that the list matches my age, so 33 things. Order doesn’t matter. Just things that make me happy. It’s that simple. Things that make me smile just as I did in this happy picture to the right, the day my besties visited Tulsa (photo cred to my girl & fellow mama, Christine Joiner!). I just feel like this photo screams “It’s my BIRTHDAY!”
Here we go:
- Popcorn popped over the stove
- The first cup of coffee in the morning
- The comfort of family and friends
- A fire in the fire pit, blanket on my lap, glass of wine, and lots of laughter
- A slow drive through the countryside
- Sipping white wine outside in the summer watching the sunset
- Sipping red wine inside in the winter watching a movie…or reality t.v.
- Henry’s jovial spirit bursting from his wide open smile
- Emily’s gorgeous face, especially the way her eyes light up when she smiles
- Sean’s incredible love for our family
- Remembering that my happiness is my choice
- When Stella falls asleep on my lap
- Chamomile tea before bed
- Anything on HGTV
- Seeing my running pace drop each week
- How having “me time” makes me a better mama
- The relief of a changing season
- Date nights with my hubby (my favorite person)
- Making both Henry and Emily laugh at the same time
- How Henry loves to give hugs
- How Emily squeals with joy and smiles when I get right up in her face
- Steak. Medium rare.
- Bacon and coffee on a Saturday/Sunday morning
- Hearing anyone say, “It’s my birthday!”
- When you can tell that someone is 100% focused on your conversation
- Perseverance and hard work for something you really want
- The power of positive reflection
- A chocolate milkshake & fries tossed in Old Bay
- Old classics on vinyl playing on a rainy day
- Having time for a shower (fellow mamas will especially understand this one)
You’re up! What are your favorite things? Make a list! Feel free to share a few in the comments below. Consider it a belated bday present for me!