I love birthdays. I’ve always felt that’s it’s an adorably special way to celebrate life by honoring the day we were born.
Today’s mine 🙂
I can safely say that “thirty two” is the happiest, most balanced I’ve ever felt. Life is never perfect, nor will it ever be, but I’m a firm believer in being on high alert for all the good that surrounds us. So naturally, I’ve made my annual birthday list of the random, lovely, perfect little things that make me oh-so happy; in no particular order of course. This year the list reaches 32…but I feel so fortunate knowing that it could go on and on :).
- Embracing new adventures.
- Quiet weekends at home.
- Lots and lots and lots of laughter.
- An Oklahoma sunrise & sunset.
- How much our yellow lab, Stella, loves to snuggle.
- These two little miracles growing in my belly…and the incredible fact that there are 3 beating hearts in me right now.
- Unbelievably delicious meals.
- Unwavering care and devotion from family.
- The ability to stay in touch with friends from miles and miles away.
- Long walks with Stella to the neighborhood across the street where we see horses, an adorable Sybian pony, donkeys, chickens and roosters.
- Listening to Miles Davis, Etta James, Ray Charles, and Frank Sinatra on vinyl.
- Binge watching Parenthood on Netflix.
- The realization that I will soon, finally, become a mama.
- How no one makes me laugh quite like my hubby.
- Spontaneously dancing when the mood strikes.
- French fries.
- Good, genuine country music.
- Cowboy boots.
- Prenatal yoga.
- Front porches.
- Maternity clothes.
- Watching a storm roll in during the Summer.
- How the awesome company I work for, Community HigherEd, gives employees a “Birthday Holiday” to enjoy!
- Attempting to wear lipstick more often.
- A new dress from Anthropologie.
- Mama’s mashed potatoes.
- Choosing happiness.
- Savoring sleep while I still can.
I hope this inspires you to make your own list! Or, feel free to totally go to town with your own list in a comment below. I’d LOVE to read it! Consider it a birthday present 🙂